Tomorrow sees polls open for people to vote for Derbyshire first Police and Crime Commissioner.
Whether you agree with the creation of these posts or not, this flawed election is very important. All who have the opportunity to vote should do so.
The Labour Party must rightly contest these elections; the alternative would be to let the Tories push forward with their plan for massive private contracts for important public policing including neighbourhood patrols – that’s despite the G4S debacle this summer.
In Alan Charles we have a fantastic candidate. He has pledged to :
- Fight against Cameron’s 20% cut to Derbyshire’s Police budget and protect local people
- Keep Policing Public in Derbyshire – No G4S type privatisation here
- Maintain Community Policing across Derbyshire
- Protect vulnerable people and take seriously the blight of Domestic Abuse
- Make sure Derbyshire residents see value for money in their Police Service
Polling station are open across Glossopdale from 7am to 10pm.
So please take take 5 minutes out of your day to vote ALAN CHARLES for Derbyshire PCC!